Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oregon and the Columbia River.




























































































I woke up early and was on my way! It was going to do a lot of traveling today. I was talking to a friend recently and jokily said to Stephenie. "When I travel I am transformed into Indiana Jones on crack!" I personally dislike and don't use illicit drugs. I will always discourage and persuade myself not to use them.. In order to artificially create pleasure. I believe you have to look at more natural and creative ways to achieve happiness. Like visiting  beautiful  and fantastic natural places. Like where I  currently am. Located in wonderful Washington State. Now I off to visit beautiful Oregon.

I stated out in Westport, Washington today. Then I drove all the way down the coast to get to the Columbia River. When you reach and cross the river, you are now located in Astoria, Oregon. Then I kept driving south to reach Seaside, Oregon. I had a chance to look around, and relax. I took some beautiful pictures of the beach. Speaking about beautiful pictures. I made a rare discovery and purchase at a thrift store located in Seaside. I found the "Complete Playboy Centerfold Book". I paid only $25 for it. The book was a steal at that price. It contains all the centerfold pictures from Marilyn Monroe who was the first lady to appear in the centerfold of Playboy magazine in the December 1953 issue. Right up the end of 2008. That is a lot of beauty for one book. It is heavy to. It will be a great souvenir of this trip.

I also found a bike shop, and I had my rear bike tire repaired. The bike shop also replaced the tube. Hoping now I can get in at least one more good ride during this holiday. I then drove east through the mountains to Portland. Very scenic and enjoyable drive. I stopped off at a Dairy Queen restaurant along the way. I have to say I enjoyed a very good and healthy meal there. I was shocked! I enjoyed a grilled chicken salad. It puts the dinner salad Wendy's serves to shame. I then arrived in the city of Portland. In my opinion. Portland, Oregon is even a nicer city then Seattle. The only advantage Seattle has is being located on Puget Sound. However Portland has the Columbia River. So it will be your choice.What city will be your favorite.

On my arrival in Portland, I became a little disoriented. However with the help of a friendly local I found my way in a hurry. I drove by Gresham, Oregon. Just past Gresham is a town named Troutdale. I found a Motel 6 located in Troutdale, and the sign said "single room rate $39.95." I jumped all over that. I pulled in and paid for a room. Dropped some of my things off in my room. Got some directions and I was soon on the scenic highway, enjoying the intense beauty of the Columbia River gorge. There are no words in the dictionary to probably describe this place! Also there are no pictures that can do justice to this incredible place of beauty! Very good advise to anybody who reads this blog. Just come and see this incredible place for yourself. You will be doing yourself a favor. Oh yes, more good advise. Do not bring any illicit drugs. They will not needed here!

2 comments:

  1. I flew out of Troutdale when I did my flight over Saint Helens.

    Tell Marv and Gorge Winds flight school I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Al, I saw the airport. But didn't go in, next time!

    ReplyDelete