Monday, June 8, 2009

Seattle To Bainbridge Island






Today was a travel day for me. I was hitting the road again. As I would be leaving Anacortes this morning. After I finished breakfast. I packed up my things and headed toward Whidbey Island. When I reached the Deception Pass Bridge. I had to stop and have another look. I did do a short hike to the shoreline to take a few more pictures. It is a special place to be.

After crossing the bridge. I was now on Whidbey Island. I would complete a crossing of the island to the end. At that point I would take a Ferry Boat back to the mainland. On taking the boat back to mainland, I was now located in Mukilteo. It was now time for lunch. I stopped and had a nice lunch a nice Mediterranean restaurant. I enjoyed good service and very good food.

Then it was time again to rely on my trustworthy GPS system. To get me to Seattle, and my new accommodation. The Green Tortoise Hostel. The Green Tortoise Hostel is located right by the Pikes Place Market, and right across from the original Starbucks location. So the location is very good to be situated. Also the ferry docks located here in Seattle, are also close by.

So after getting settled into the hostel by a very nice young lady named Katie. It was time again to disappear from normal life again, and head over to Bainbridge Island. This island is also a special retreat, and a refuge to get away from it all.

After arriving I looked around the village of Windslow. I was just standing at the corner. Sorry right song, but wrong place. I was starting to take it easy and do a bike ride. When I realized that my rear tire was soft. Through the help of the friendly locals. I found a bike shop. Who were more then happy to pump it up for me.

I found a nice Thai food restaurant to have dinner. It was very pleasant. I sat outside and enjoyed my meal with a grand view of the harbor. I also the chance to chat with a nice couple from Texas. After the meal. I checked my rear tire, and quickly became disappointed. It was now completely flat. So I had to walk my bike back to the ferry docks to get on the 7:10 boat. Lucky for me. It was a short walk back to the Green Tortoise Hostel, from the ferry docks. I'm hopping during my travels tomorrow. I can find a bike shop, and get the tire repaired.

2 comments:

  1. cafe Nola......Donny you missed a great place, the food and atmosphere were great...next time

    ReplyDelete