Monday, July 13, 2015

To Southampton, From Port Elgin

Today after I finished breakfast. I enjoyed a nice bike ride in my travel town of Kincardine. I must say I got lucky on picking this very quaint Ontario town for my summer holiday destination. It is a great place to stay. Has the nicest beach I have discovered located on Lake Huron. The small town atmosphere definitely agrees with the Travel Wolfe very much. I will do a post on the Beach located in Kincardine, coming up next.

After I completed the first bike ride of my day. I loaded my bike into my Elantra and headed north to the town of Port Elgin, located 44 KM (27 miles) driving up highway 21. My destination was the public beach located in Port Elgin. Which is a much bigger town then Kincardine. The beach area is also much larger then Kincardine. But not as nice in my opinion. My plan was to ride my bike to the town of Southampton. Located just a few KM north of Port Elgin. To my delight there is a excellent bike path that hugs the shore of Lake Huron leading right to Southamption. The bike path ends. When you have reached Huron St. Which takes you right to the main street of Southampton. Which is High St. I enjoyed a very nice lunch at a local restaurant named "The Lighthouse".

On the return bike ride I was feeling very relaxed and happy that I have again escaped the wrath of the rat race. For just a few more days. For that I am very grateful!
The next two photos are of a very well restored and maintained 1967 French Citroën. That I found parked along Hurron St. in Southampton. Not something that you will come across everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment