Saturday, July 11, 2015

When Travel Began- Expo 1967

This post is dedicated to my first traveling experience. My first trip. Was to visit Expo during the year 1967. Which was held in Montreal. I can't remember all of the details from this trip. After all this exiting holiday happened 48 years ago. I was a shy but very excited 8 year old, in 1967.
Very excited to go on my first adventure away from home. Which was Maple, Ontario back in those days. My wonderful Mother Charlotte made this first holiday possible. As my mom took my brother John and I. Also a good friend back in those day Kenny Kidd and his mom also made the pilgrimage to Montreal with us!

I believe it was only a 3 or 4 day trip. I cannot remember if we took the train or bus. To get to Montreal from Toronto. But if my guess it correct we went by bus!

My memories of riding the subway in Montreal or still a very positive thought that are still vivid in my mind! Touring quite a few of the building was also a great experience.

This wonderful adventure that I enjoyed during my first trip in 1967. Created the foundation in a young person. To see more of this world and this planet that we all get to call our home. Thanks mom for taking me on my first trip! Also giving me the chance to enjoy all of the wonderful adventures that have followed!!!

I have included some kept souvenirs from that trip. Also pictures of some original postcards from Expo 1967.











The 2 photos below are of a replica page of the Gutenberg Bible. Which was printed on a replica Gutenberg Printing Press. That was on display in the German Pavilion, during Expo 1967. This great souvenir of Expo 67 was acquired at a Thrift Store in Brampton, Ont.



The Book I used to get the stamps for visiting the buildings at Expo 1967!
The Stamps!








No comments:

Post a Comment