Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crater Lake









Well at 10 am this morning. I reached Crater Lake National Park. It was a thrill when I arrived in the Park. It is always a great feeling when you have achieved. Or can make a dream, a reality.

To see this lake is a complete joy! That was given to humanity from nature. Is truly a view to behold! Saying that. When you come to visit Crater Lake. Come in the peak of summer. This lake is located high in the Cascades Mountains. The altitude is 6400 feet, or 1950.72 m above sea level. So even though it is early June. Winter conditions are still in affect at this altitude in The Cascades.

It was actually a nice day, today. It was the high and cold wind, that was the problem. It was hard to believe. That there were fellow tourists that showed up in summer attire (shorts and t-shirts). I at least had the decency to wear my waterproof windbreaker with my Gore-Tex jacket over top. But because of the severe cold conditions I decided to cut my visit short.

When you come. The best time is in July or August. But saying that. I will always have special memories of being here, at Crater Lake! Enjoy the pics.

A safety warning when you visit Crater Lake. There are high cliffs overlooking the lake. When you view Crater Lake. You have to take care not to get to close the edge. If you fall off the cliff. The fall would likely kill you. Also falling into the cold water of Crater Lake would also be very hazardous to your heath!

In the height of summer. It is possible to swim in Crater Lake. But I'm sure even then. You won't stay in the water for very long.

4 comments:

  1. I hate the look of the snow but I tell you it is an awesome sight that crater lake Donny. Love the shots and thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably good fishing there, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donny your pics are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics - what an awesome sight

    ReplyDelete