Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Follow the Umpqua River to Roseburg







Today I left the beautiful coast of Oregon. To travel into the interior. Today's destination is the city of Roseburg. From Roseburg I will travel to visit "Crater Lake". The 7th deepest lake on the planet. Also Crater Lake is considered one of the beautiful natural wonders that exists on The Planet Earth.

I enjoyed a wonderful journey as the Umpqua (pronumnced "UHMP-kwah") was my guide and companion for almost the whole trip. The scenery along the trip was fantastic! The route for the drive was highway 101 from Florence to Reedsport. Then east on highway 38 following the Umpqua. I did have a stop in a small town named Elkston. In the Elkston area in one of the prime wine producing areas for Oregon. I stoped at a winery named "River's Edge". The people running the winery were very friendly, unlike California. The wine tasting is still free. After the wine tasting. I enjoyed lunch in Elkston, an then continued on my way. The final part of the journey was highway 5 into Roseburg.

The Rose City Motel is a nice place. I had a snooze after I arrived. Then I went to a very nice city park, and enjoyed a nice ride, on my bike.

Dinner was a great experience, and the best meal of the trip so far. It was a huge plate of steak fajitas. The restaurant is called "Los Dos Amigos", and can be found at 1390 NE Stephens St. Roseburg.

I got some great pictures of the Rochester Covered Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment