Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oakridge- Mountain Bike Capital of Oregon






After descending down form Crater Lake. I made the commitment to stay in the small city of Oakridge. The drive through the Cascades Mountains, and Willamette Forest was another drive of total beauty!!! The Oakridge area is considered the mountain bike capital of Oregon.

Oakridge would be my last stop. Before I would make my return back to the large city of Portland. It was a good decision. The Bluewolf Motel was probably the best accommodation I enjoyed on this trip.

I did enjoy a leisurely bike ride in the Green Waters Park, and enjoyed a very good homemade meal at the Manning's Cafe. Which is located directly across from the Bluewolf. At Manning's I consumed a fresh salad, and a cup of clam chowder for the appetizer. The main course consisted of liver and onions, green beans sauteed in bacon and mashed potatoes. The desert was a homemade piece of boysenberry pie. Thanks goodness I was hungry! I even took a picture of a rainbow during my stay in Oakridge. It is always great to find a Rainbow, and to see, what is at the other end.

2 comments:

  1. What is at the other end? Beautiful women? Gold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dream come true. That is what is waiting at the other end.

    ReplyDelete