Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cruising The Adirondacks

Happy to say. That I am writing this post from "The Green Mountain State". The trip down went well. With no major problems. A special thanks to my 2001 Toyota Corolla. This car doesn't want to get old. It it just keeps running like a top! Plus it keeps bringing me safely back to Vermont. All great things!!!

Also a special thanks to my Garmin "Street Pilot" GPS. Which has also become a integral part of my travel experience. My Street Pilot created one of my favorite scenic drives of all time today. We crossed the St. Lawrence at the town of Prescott. My route took me though the towns of Saranac Lake and Lake Placid. The famous town of Lake Placid N.Y. has hosted the Winter Olympics twice. The first time in 1922, and in 1980. I did pass by the arena. Which was the venue for the "Miracle on Ice". When pure emotion from fan support. Carried the U.S. Olympic Hockey team onto wining the gold mental!

I passed back into Vermont crossing over a Bridge from Crown Point N.Y. It always feels like being in a safe and peaceful dreamland when I am here. And I am here!!! The final stage of the trip was passing through the Champlian Valley on my way to the village of Warren.

Special thanks also to Mr. Gordon Lightfoot. I listened to album "A Painter Passing Through". Which was enjoyed! Thanks Al for giving it to me. I have to mention I must have listened to the song "I use to be a country singer" several time during the drive. Great song!! Really helped to make the day a special one!

I have included some pictures from my great day of traveling! One to remember!



























No comments:

Post a Comment