Friday, September 21, 2012

The Great Cliff


Today was my day to do some hiking in the Green Mountain State. I started with short but strenuous hike to reach the "Great Cliff". To begin the hike for the Great Cliff. I drove west on Vermont Route 73 (The Brandon Gap) until I reached the "Long Trail". There is a small parking lot available. Located where the Long Trail crosses the road. You then head north on the Long Trail. Gradually gaining height. Until you reach the side-trail that leads you to the Great Cliff. The final part of the journey is the most difficult as you have to transverse some very steep natural steps to reach the cliff.

But the views are worth the effort. Just check out my photos that I took from the "Great Cliff". On this beautiful Vermont Day! From the Great Cliff you get excellent views of the surrounding Green Mountains, the Brandon Gap below, and The Champlain Valley looking to the west.
















No comments:

Post a Comment