Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Morrisville Loop


Belvedere Pond

Today was the last full day of my Vermont 2012 Odyssey! It has been another wonderful experience in the Land Of Green.

I decided to go and check out an area of Vermont. That I have not been to yet. So using my vivid imagination and looking at my Vermont Map. I came up with a great plan. I drove north on route 100. Until I reached the capital of Vermont, Montpelier. Then using route 12. I continued north until I reached the town of Morrisville.

After I arrived in Morrisville. I stopped for a healthy lunch. A diner salad. Which was good. I could taste the vitamins! Plus the maple sweetened dressing they used to top this huge salad.

I passed this amazing lake just before I reached Morrisville. It is Elmore Lake State Park. I stopped briefly to take some pictures. Before I continued with today's journey. I then configured a route starting and finishing in Morrisville. I named my trip; The "Morrisville Loop".

I continued to drive north on route 100. Through the villages of Hyde Park, and Eden. Then continued west on route 109. Driving through the village of Waterville. This devised route took me directly then into Jeffersonville. Where I switched back onto route 100. Heading southbound. Which took me back to Morrisville, and back to the place, where I began!

Then I enjoyed a leisurely and scenic drive back south using route 12 as my country roadway. I continued this route. Until it was time to traverse the Rochester Gap. Through and over Rochester Mountain. I was ready for a great dinner to celebrate this excellent adventurous holiday. That I have enjoyed. Sandy's was my choice. A great dinner was enjoyed there.

It is time to get ready for the return trip. Back to the harsh reality of the Rat Race, tomorrow. I have enjoyed all of my time living here in Vermont. It is truly one of the most beautiful places on our planet. A must to see and enjoy!

I have included some picture from completing the Morrisville Loop. I have included several pictures of Lake Elmore. The other picture of a body of water on this post is of Belvedere Pond.





















No comments:

Post a Comment