Wednesday, October 7, 2009

And the Rain Came!!!!!!

The rain came today! The saying is” I will build the ark, and you gather the animals”. Today Howard and I moved from White River Junction to the mountain town of Ludlow. The weather wasn’t to bad as we left the Junction. But as we arrived in Ludlow and checked into the All Season Hotel. The skies opened and the rain started to pour. Also the winds remained heavy for most of the day.

But it was a good day for me to rest, as my body hasn’t recovered from the 19.6 mile bike ride from yesterday. My spirit is willing, but my body is not cooperating. After we checked into the hotel, Howard went for walk around Ludlow. I had some lunch at a restaurant called the Hatchery. The homemade soup was good, but the sandwich was a big disappointment. $9.75 for a less then average sandwich was disappointing.

I checked out a thrift store in town, located almost right across the street from hotel. Some interesting stuff. I did purchase a nice Timex digital watch for $1. The rest of my day was resting in bed. Trying again to regain my heath. So I can continue with enjoying Vermont. Howard and I did enjoy some nice Italian pasta at a popular local pizza place called Wicked Pizza. Happy to say the weather for tomorrow is favourable.

No comments:

Post a Comment