Friday, October 9, 2009

Vermont Country Store

Today the weather has improved greatly from the previous day. I am still feeling the ill effects of digestive problems. What is the root of the problem is unknown at this time. I am determined however to continue to enjoy my vacation, the best that I can. Howard woke up rarin' to go, and after having some breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. He was off on his mountain bike. Howard decided to ride from Ludlow to the hamlet of Weston. The "Vermont Country Store" is located there. A touristy area for sure. But still worth checking out. Howard set off on his bike. I took his van out for a spin. I first drove to he hamlet of Cavendish. Which is located only 3 miles from Ludlow. I stopped into see the Cavendish General Store, which contained a lot of different merchandise for sale. The fresh produce looked like excellent quality to me. I then retraced my steps back into Ludlow village. I stoped into the local sports shop. This store appeared to me. That it would appear more to skiers or snowboarders. I then completed the drive up Okemo Mountain. The mountain rises to an attitude of 3,344 feet. The drive was a pleasant one, and I did manage to get some great pictures from the top of the mountain. Then it was time to meet with Howard in the hamlet of Weston. My timing was good. As I arrived shortly after Howard had arrived on his bike. We looked around and made a few purchases. I bought a nice gift set of natural Vermont jams, and a bottle of natural cola syrup. Howard purchased a couple of old copies of Time magazine. Then we drove back to Ludlow. Howard rode his bike from the downward side of the mountain, back into Ludlow. We enjoyed some lunch at The "Wicked Good Pizza". We split a "Wicked" nice veggie sub. Then we rode are bikes into Cavendish. Howard found a very nice bakery coffee shop. We relaxed there awhile, and chatted with a nice couple from England. Then we completed the 3 mile ride back to Ludlow. It seemed like 30 miles to me. As the day went on from here. My stomach started to bother me again. I wound up skipping dinner. The dread of having heath problems during vacation is not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment