Saturday, October 10, 2009

Vergennes- Vermont's Oldest City





Howard and I left Ludlow early Friday morning. We were on are way to enjoy the last leg, of our holiday. We were heading to the small Vermont city of Vergennes. It is located only 7 miles from beautiful lake Champlain. Howard and I enjoyed a nice breakfast as we found a nice bakery restaurant, located on the outskirts of Rutland, Vermont. Howard had a veggie sandwich, and I enjoyed a nice sticky bun and a fried egg sandwich on a onion bagel.

We arrived in Vergennes and found our last accommodation for this trip. The Emerson Bed and Breakfast. We parked in there lot and Howard and I went for a walk about Vergennes. Very nice place. Otter Creek run through Vergennes, and there is an impressive water falls in town. The falls have a hydro power plant that dates back to 1912.

At this point Howard set off on a bike ride, and I just stayed in town and checked out some of the local shops. They have an excellent old library in Vergennes. I did go in and got to use the Internet for free there. I met with Howard late on in the day. For dinner we walked down the street and found the local Shaw's supermarket. We were also in luck and found a very nice Chinese restaurant. After a few purchases at Shaw's we hit the Chinese restaurant. The meal was good. Howard enjoyed veggie chowmein and rice. I enjoyed pineapple chicken fried rice. It was very good. Too bad I'm not feeling any better. The good news for me. I started to take tagamet. To try and control the acid reflux. I sure hope it helps me.

2 comments: