Sunday, October 4, 2009

Green Mountain Railroad







I woke up today. Feeling better, then on my arrival back in Vermont. Which is a positive sign. Howard and I did the short walk to Lebanon New Hampshire, and The "Four Aces" diner. To my surprise there has been an apparent change in management at the Four Aces. Neile is gone, and all the familiar faces there. However it looks like the change has been a boom for business. The quality of the food looks like it has improved. Also the prices have increased. The restaurant also doesn't serve dinner anymore. They are only open from 6 to 2pm, and are closed on Wednesdays.

Howard and I also then enjoyed a relaxing drive to the village of Quechee, which is only located 7 miles west of White River Junction. There was a disappointing turnout of vendors for the Sunday flea market. Even though the weather situation is looking much better now. With no rain in the forecast. Howard and myself enjoyed a good look around Quechee village. Then we did a Vermont tradition and enjoyed the views of Quechee Gorge, and also did the hike down into the Gorge to the river. Howard enjoyed the experience.

Howard then rode his bike back to White River Junction. I drove his mini van back to the junction. I enjoyed a light lunch at the Oriental Wok Express. I ordered a small order of chicken fried rice. I still not myself. I couldn't enjoy and finish this small nutritious meal. But I am making some progress in the right direction.

I met up with Howard back in the junction. We were able to make the 2:30 ride on the "Green Mountain Railroad" from White River Junction" to Thetford. The train ride was a very scenic one. Which basically hugged the Connecticut River. The cometary on the ride was very good. The ride in each direction was 13 miles, and took about 1 hour. i enjoyed the ride. However Howard was bothered by motion sickness during the ride.

Our evening was enjoying a veggie sub at Subway. I only ate half of mine, and hanging out a chapter book store. Located in Lebanon, New Hampshire. Tomorrow we might make it to the top of Mt. Ascutney. We can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment