Tuesday, February 8, 2011

GPS


For those people that are living back in the dark ages, and don't already know what the Acronym GPS stands for. GPS represents; "Global Positing System". GPS was designed and implemented by the U.S. Department of Defense back in 1973.

This highly sophisticated system exists because of satellites that are constantly revolving around the Earth. That are maintained by the U.S. government. GPS is freely available to anyone who purchases and owns a GPS receiver.

I have been a big GPS fan now for the last 3 years. It is still yet to be determined what all this advanced technology that is available to us human beings. Will do to the quality of our lives? What will it do human society at a whole? Will it be good or bad? Well I think everyone has a opinion on that. Or maybe everyone is too consumed with playing with there Blackberry or iPhone and don't really care! Saying that. My addiction with new advanced technology being a traveler is GPS. I love it! And will not be without it. On any future trips. That I will ever go on!!

Traveling with me on this upcoming trip to Washington. Is my new hand held GPS system made by Garmin. It is from the latest generation in hand held GPS devices. My "GPSmap 60Cx" was a recent birthday gift from my parents. It contains the maps for all locations in North America, and has full navigation capability. This model is very versatile. It can be used in your car. I obtained the mount for use with my bicycles. Or can be used on foot. You will never get lost while using this devise. You will always get to where you want to be. Without wasting any time.

Not getting lost in our journey though life is very important. So with the help of GPS. I will stay on track, and keep enjoying the pleasure of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment