Saturday, June 15, 2013

Essex to Charlotte!

I made it back to the beautiful State of Vermont today! Happily leaving the rat race behind. I'm now ready to enjoy some more quailty time. Enjoying life in "The Green Mountain State".
The weather conditions were picture perfect today. I did enjoy the trip driving down. However I did get into a disagreement again with GPS. They are rare when they happen. However the negative cause by my GPS created a very positive situation today. As I enjoyed my first ever boat ride on Lake Champlain.
When I left on this trip. I intended to drive my usual route. Crossing into New York State from Cornwall, Ontario. Then driving into Vermont. Crossing on the bridge from Point Rouse, New York, to Alberg, Vermont.
Well my GPS has other ideas. And commandeered my car. Before I knew what had happened. I was in Plattsburg, New York. The GPS was again headed for the southern approach again. Through the Adirondacks, into Vermont.
Well I came up with a better idea. After some quick thinking. I plotted a new course on my GPS to take me to the ferry terminal. Located in Essex, New York. I was in time to take the 4 pm ferry boat across Lake Champlain. Which would delivery me. To Charlotte, Vermont. Very fitting that I arrived today. Back in the Green Mountain State, in a town named "Charlotte".
I am now looking very forward to tomorrow!

Here is some HD video of the trip across Lake Champlain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjKpImORDXU

3 comments:

  1. Toss that GPS out the window! Not one damn shot of the boat!! (glad you made it down there for a week of R&R)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected! I do see the boat now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My GPS is an integral part of making my trips so special. Ounce I made the decision to sail across Lake Champlain. The GPS quickly picked the fastest route. So I was able to make the 4pm crossing. Plus who would I get to argue with. If I didn't have the GPS with me.

    ReplyDelete