Monday, June 17, 2013

The Search For Bingham Falls

Today I headed north to visit Stove, Vermont. Which I like to refer as "The Valley of Green". When you decide to come to Vermont on a vacation. Then you know what I am taking about.
A Vermont vacation would not be complete. Unless you have paid the town of Stove, a visit. Being a biking enthusiast. Translate in enjoying to ride the excellent bike path that is located in Stove. You get to enjoy riding a bicycle in a completely natural and beautiful setting.
On departing my home at the Gathering Inn. I headed north on Route 100. It would be a direct route to arrive in Stove. Located 34 miles (55 KM) to arrive in "The Valley of Green". I first made a stop in the idyllic village of Warren. I just had to stop to enjoy one of there excellent scones. Washed down with a first rate cup of coffee. At this point in the trip. I hit a snag. As some major road work was being done on Route 100. Between Warren and Waitsfield. I just had to stay cool. After all. I'm not in a rush. I'm on vacation in the "Green Mountain State"!
I arrived at the main parking area for the Stove Rec. Path at about 11:30. I did enjoy the ride. The weather was very nice during the ride. I did stop to enjoy a slice of veggie pizza. From one of the restaurants that are located directly on the Stove Bike Path's route.
After my bike ride. I began the search for "Bingham Falls". I did not have a long search. As the falls are located on a few miles north of downtown Stove. Bingham Falls are located just before you reach the main entrance of "Smugglers' Notch" State Park, on route 108 north. There was parking available for my car. I left my bicycle at the
entrance to the Rec. Path. Locked to a park bench.
It only a short hike to get to Bingham Falls. There was the best view point to get great photos of the falls. It was a much longer hike. To get the better view of Bingham Falls. Also to gain access to pools. Adjacent to the falls. Where you can go for a swim. There was two young ladies going for a swim. They did inform me. That the temperature of the water was cold!!!!
After I hiked back to my Corolla. The rain came! It was time to pick up my Raleigh Bike, and make my way back to Hancock. I made a smart move driving back to my Vermont home. By avoiding the road work on route 100. By taking the East Warren Road out of Waitsfield.
I arrived back home in time to enjoy a relaxing dinner at Sandy's. Time know to turn in and enjoy a relaxing and peaceful night sleep. Here in "The State of Vermont". Good night!

Some pictures of my days activities;
The General Store located in Warren.
Biking on the Stove Rec. Path
The rest of the pictures are of the hike to see Bingham Falls.

2 comments:

  1. You had to hike in from the other trail. To have access to the places to swim. The water is cold, and it wasn't hot enough to swim.

    ReplyDelete