Thursday, June 20, 2013

South To Manchester!

Today, Mother Nature was in her best mood. The weather today. In the Green Mountain State was spectacular!
After my bike ride to Sandy's Bakery and back, in the morning. I set out to head in a southerly direction. To visit Manchester, Vermont. The visit consisted of having lunch at Zoey's Sandwich Shop. There Sandwiches are excellent. Served on there homemade bread. The homemade cookies are huge, and very tasty! The handmade potato chips are mediocre at best.
Then I went to try and have a swim. At the Old Marble Quarry, located in the village of Dorset. You have to travel about 5 miles north on Route 30 to arrive there. Just a fabulous place to take a dip. However the temperature of the water today was frigid. I only went in the water one time, and didn't stay in for very long. I am now a member of the polar beard club! Yahoo!!!
Then I continued north on route 30 heading towards the town of Poultney, Vt. This part of the journey. I got to enjoy again another scenic Byway in The Green Mountain State. "The Stone Valley Byway". Also as an added bonus. I passed right by the beautiful Lake St. Catherine. I just had to spend some quality time there. Just enjoying the view and doing nothing else!
Then I checked out a very nice book store located in Poultney. I picked up a couple of nice additions to my library. Then it was again relying on my GPS to guild my back to The Gathering Inn. Dinner was a homemade steak dinner at the Inn! A day to remember. Spent here in "The Land of Green!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment