Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Hills Are Alive!

With the sound of Music. I'm sure you are familiar with the classic song from hit 1965 movie "The Sound Of Music". The movie gave a fictionalized account of real life Von Trapp family from Austria. Who were a family that sang together and stayed together.
In real life. After the horror of World War 2 was over. The real Von Trapp Family emigrated to the United States and settled in Stove, Vermont.
Today the original family still owns and operates the Trapp Family Lodge in Stove. I went to have a quick look at it. The rain prevented me from having a better look. However the lodge looks like it is luxury all the way. Also the view from the Valley of Green is stunning.
I have included a original vintage post card of Maria Von Trapp, that I discovered during my recent trip visit Vermont. Also I included 2 pictures I took while visiting the Trapp Family Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment