Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pizza in Paradise

For my first full day of my vacation time. On my 8th trip to enjoy Vermont. I began my day with an 8 mile bike ride. Nothing too strenuous. I just road my bike from where I am staying. That would be the "Gathering Inn", located in the village of Hancock. To the town of Rochester located 4 miles to the south, on route 100. I then treated myself to a nice breakfast at Sandy's. I will do a nice post on Sandy's before this trip is over. My breakfast at Sandy's consisted of her version of a breakfast sandwich. It tasted great and was served with cooked potatoes and carrots. The homemade biscuit the sandwich really makes eating at Sandy's. A tasty and healthy experience. Also the friendly young lady named Amanda. Who waited on me, and made me feel at home. Also added to my enjoyment.
After my breakfast I rode the 4 miles back to "The Gathering Inn". Then drove off in my Corolla. On an organized tour to go looking for cool treasure. My tour included stops in Bridgewater, Quichee, and White River Junction. Then the rain began in the afternoon. So again I used my GPS to design the quickest route back to Hancock. Some of my finds today; were a guide book to Key West and the Florida Keys, a great book on the history of the Hurst Estate in San Simeon, a nice pair of "The North Face" hiking shorts, a "Mickey Mouse" quartz wrist watch.

The title of this post. Is from the enjoyable lunch I had during my visit to the village of "Bridgewater". The old paper mill that is located there. Has been renovated and is used for commercial stores today. A great pizza place is located in this historic building, "Ramunto's. Which serves an excellent pizza! I enjoyed my pizza by the Ottauquechee River. Which runs by the old paper mill. Where would you enjoy eating a hardy meal? In a overcrowded and noisy city. Or in a peaceful and beautiful place like Vermont. For me the choice is easy. The food tastes a lot better, and digests a lot easier. Here, in the Green Mountain State!

No comments:

Post a Comment