Friday, June 21, 2013

Time For Some R & R!

Today was more classic weather over the Green Mountains. I just decided to stay close to home. To relax and do some bike rides on route 100.
The first ride was again to visit and enjoy a nice cup of coffee at Sandy's. I also ordered a sandwich to go. For my sustenance at lunch time. After the first ride. I just chilled out at the Gathering Inn. Just trying to relax and rejuvenate my mind and body. Isn't that what enjoying quality time is all about? After enjoying the lunch that I purchased from "Sandy's" in the morning. I then set out on my second bike ride of the day. This time it was to visit one of the most impressive water falls in Vermont. That would be "Moss Glen Falls". Which is located only 7 miles to the south of the Gathering Inn on Route 100. It took me about 1 hour of peddle power to arrive at "Moss Glen Falls". I did enjoy to hang out and enjoy this awesome natural site for awhile. As I had Moss Glen Falls all to myself.
The ride back to the Gathering Inn was all downhill. Much easier then then moving north on route 100. The return ride of 7 miles was achieved in about 40 minutes. Then I enjoyed a short dip in the clear and cool White River that is a short walk from the Gathering Inn. Also enjoying to sit out in the backyard of the Gathering Inn after dinner was also a great part of a perfect day. During my 2013 visit to "The Land of Green".

No comments:

Post a Comment