Thursday, January 23, 2014

Airplane Spotting

Today I did more of the same. I know I am lucky to be on this holiday. As I am deep in the Caribbean. We had some excellent mild winters in recent years. But not this year. Mother Nature has thrown her worst at us. Those living in the northern part of U.S. and Canada. I hope that all of my colleagues who work outside for Canada Post. Are surviving the most recent assault of arctic weather. Hang in there and be well!
I just have to try and concentrate on. Trying to ignore the fact that the Canadian dollar is in a free fall. And how to make the best of my quality time. Living life here on the island of St. Maarten.
Today was almost a carbon copy of yesterday. The weather has been wonderful here. Sunny warm days. Without any harsh humidity. Almost perfect conditions.
I am happy with my accommodations at the Joshua Rose Guesthouse located here in Philpsburg. Which is the capital of the Dutch part of St. Marten. The other side of St Martin is still controlled by the Government of France.
One of the challenges to holidaying and living in St. Martin. Is the amount of traffic on there limited roads. Some days the locals tell me that the gridlock here is similar to that of a big city like Toronto. Well that's O.K. It's not good to be in a rush anyhow you look at it. Especially when you are on vacation!
Taking the bus from Philipsburg to Maho Beach. Which under good conditions should only take 20 to 30 minutes trip. Can easily take an hour by bus. But that is the price you pay. When a small island has modernized to cars as a popular mod of transit. Malta has the same problem as St. Martin has. And there is little chance of building any new roads.
After lunch I went back to Mullet Bay to enjoy another beautiful swim in the Caribbean sea. A classic idyllic spot located here on St. Maarten. Then I did a short hike. To visit the village located at Mullet Bay. Then I hiked all the way to Maho Beach. To just chill out, and try to add to my collection of photographing airplanes coming into land, and getting ready to take off. From Princess Juliana International Airport. I did enjoy just chatting with a few other eager aviation photographers, and at the same time. Just relaxing and enjoying the sun and the views of Maho Beach and the Caribbean! Tomorrow I have planed to do a day trip tour by boat. Completing going around the island of St. Martin. That should make for a very eventful day on this trip.
The bottom photos of the beautiful beach located at Mullet Bay

1 comment:

  1. I could spend an entire month sitting on that beach, soaking up the sun and watching the runway show. It was one of our fondest memories of our trip to Sint Maarten.

    ReplyDelete