Monday, January 27, 2014

Welcome to the French Side

After an early morning swim on the beach in Philipsburg. I went to talk it over with Dave about what I should do with my day tomorrow. Dave advised me that crise ships are rolling into Philipsburg. Turning the island of St. Martin into a human zoo. Which may be great business for them. But does nothing to how the Travel Wolfe enjoys when I hit the road! So Dave arranged a great one day get away to visit St. Barts tomorrow and for my grand finale on this travel experience. I get to enjoy living on the island of Saba. How special is that?
For the afternoon today. I took the bus to Margot the capital of the French side of St. Martin. I had a short look around then took the bus back to Maho Beach to try and enjoy me second swim on the day.
I have to admit taking the bus here in St. Martin can be a very unpleasant experience at times. This was one of these times. I finally made it to Maho and the waves on the beach were to rough to swim. So I snapped a few more pictures including a great shots of some airplanes landing at SXM. There is a great ice-cream store located in Maho village. Then I took the bus back to Philipsburg to prepare for my big day tomorrow.
I have included some pictures of Margot. Also a great shot of de Haviland Twin Otter coming to land at SXM, and the big waves on Maho Beach.

The French side of St. Martin is like being in Europe. With lots of French culture very present. Compared to the Dutch side which is like more like being in the U.S.

1 comment: