Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tour of St. Barth- French West Indies

Well I made it today. To the island of St. Barth!I will always be a person who loves to dream. It has always been very special when a dream does come true. Today was one of those days.
Certainly traveling solo has it's advantages and disadvantages like everything else in life. I know great friend Al will be very disappointed that I didn't fly into the island of St. Barth today. I went on a package deal. Which included round trip by high speed ferry, a guided taxi tour of the island, lunch and 5 hours of free time to enjoy St. Barth. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Especially while your traveling on your own. Saying all that. I will always be disappointed that I didn't fly in as well. But when you have a budget to deal with. You try and create the best experience that you can! Without breaking up your bankroll.
The day was another special one. To post on this blog. The only down side with the trip. Was the voyage over in the high speed ferry. The water was very rough and I'm very lucky that I am not prone to motion sickness. A lot of the other passengers on the boat were not that lucky.
The taxi tour was very good. The taxi driver a native to the island of St. Barth, has been driving a cab on the island for 35 years. There is nothing he doesn't know about St. Barth! Then we had the included lunch, which was decent but not fantastic. But there was lots of fresh French bread at hand. I defiantly have a soft spot for French bread!
Then it was beach time. There is an speculator beach within as easy walk from the capital Gustavia. The beach is called "Shell Beach". It was a joy to be there! Then I just chilled in Gustavia. The capital town of a unique and special place know as the French island of St. Barth!

1 comment:

  1. You got a great shot of Eden Rock there. Did you make it to Le Select?

    ReplyDelete