Monday, January 27, 2014

Cheeseburger in Paradise St. Maarten Style

Time for a post about food. What would a great trip be without eating great food. St. Martin has been a disappointment up until today. Don't get me wrong there are lots of great restaurants located here. But without a car you are limited to what is located in and around Philipsburg. Also most of the best restaurants are located on the French side of the island. I did do a small tour of the French capital of St. Martin, which is Margot. There is a post on Margot coming up.
Dave a friendly fellow Canadian has been very helpful to the Travel Wolfe during this vacation. Dave helped me organize the boat tour around St. Martin. He has also help me arrange the trip coming up tomorrow to visit St. Barts, and for my 1 day trip to the island paradise of Saba on Wednesday.
Dave also recommend I try a eatery located on the boardwalk in Philipsburg called "Burger Madness". The restaurant is run by people from the French side of St. Martin. I tried there classic with a side order of sweet potato fries. The bruger was classic and surpassed all expectations. It was truly a cheeseburger in paradise!
Dinner was also a superb eating experience. At an eating venue in Philipsburg named "Chesterfields". My dinner was a fresh 1/2 pound of fresh shrimp cocktail and delicious garden salad. A great combo along with the fresh French bread. Most places to enjoy eating are highly recommended when you come to visit St. Maarten.

1 comment: