Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Dorset-Manchester Ride!

The 8th of October was another fantastic day. I been having breakfast at "New York Bagels". The prices and quality are both very good. Also it is located right beside the Hotel Coolidge. After I finished breakfast. I loaded my bike on the car and headed south towards Manchester. So I could attempt the "Dorest-Manchester Ride". Mother Nature is always doing her best, to make my holiday experience and outstanding one. The high yesterday was 20 C. or 70 F., with bright sunshine. Perfect conditions for doing the bike ride. I arrived at Manchester at 10:30 am, and immediately pulled in "Zoey's Bakery Restaurant. I had eaten there in my trip last October. Zoeys' features delicious sandwiches served on homemade bread. The delicious sandwiches are all served with homemade potato chips. The food prices are high. However I think you should treat yourself. When you are on vacation. I picked up a "Coyote Sandwich". Which is roast beef and fresh topping. You get your choice of bread. I picked there "sour dough" bread. I also ordered one of there oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They are huge!The bike ride was excellent! However I had problems following John Freidin's book. Where he meticulously describes the route. I guess I have finished the transition to the modern world. I am almost helpless without my GPS. Peter V/D W. doesn't call me the careless navigator without reason. I came back to White River Junction to get cleaned and rested up. As I had tickets to the live performance of "The History Boys". I had dinner at The "Four Aces Diner". Neille's daughter Terry waited on, and served me my dinner. It was very good. It consisted on homemade cream of mushroom soup, and a bowel of beef stew.The play began at 7:30. The "History Boys" turned out to be a very serious story. The acting and production was very good. However it was difficult for me to follow all of the interaction between the characters. As all the speaking was done in British accents. Also there was one scene that was almost entirely in French. Also the story had some pretty sad themes, and a sad ending. The story, this play will defiantly not make you feel happy, after you have watched it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete