Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Windsor Is My Kind Of Place.





























I'm off to a very good start on my holiday. I spent some quality time in the old capital of Vermont, Windsor. It was country and state capital, from 1777 until 1805. When the home of Vermont politics, were moved to the mountain town of Montpelier. Today Windsor is a typical, charming, historic, and tranquil Vermont town. It featured the Old South Church. That was constructed in 1764, and their famous wooden covered bridge. Which at 464 feet is the longest one still standing in the U.S. I did walk and drive both ways on this historic bridge. Which connects Windsor with Cornish, New Hampshire, crossing the Connecticut River. I had lunch, in the classic Worcester Diner, that is located right in Windsor. You will always enjoy good food, and conversation. When you eat in one of these great places. I haven't posted great food in Vermont yet. However it is planed and will be posted soon. I did enjoy my first serious Vermont bike ride. I rode from White River Junction to the village of Quechee. The total distance for the ride was about 16 miles. I then enjoyed some homemade stuffed shells with cheese, at C & S Pizza. This eatery makes great tasting pizza, and the best Calzone. I have ever tasted. I will not be leaving town. Until I have eaten one.

No comments:

Post a Comment