Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Time For Some R And R!

Today October 9th was a rest and relaxation day for me. Something had upset my digestive track from the previous day. I slept in to try and sleep it off. So I could enjoy the rest of my vacation. I decided on a scenic drive to the Rutland, Vermont. You can easily drive to Rutland from White River Junction. You simply take route 4 west. This scenic drive takes you first to the village of Quechee. Then continuing west you reach the beautiful town of "Woodstock". Woodstock is considered the most historic and perfect small town located in the U.S.A. After leaving Woodstock you can get ready to see "The Heart Of The Green Mountains" as you arrive in the village of "Killington". Killington is now the prime ski area in Vermont. This drive was very special as the color in Vermont is a lot nicer, compared to last year. The colors are more intense. I continued on to Rutland which is the largest town in the interior of Vermont. It has a population of 17,292 making it a large city as far as Vermont is concerned. I had lunch at an old restaurant located in downtown Rutland. I'm sure it will be the most disappointing meal on this trip. Or I will ever have in Vermont. I had a good return trip. Retracing my steps. Taking Route 4 easily back to White River Junction.

1 comment:

  1. Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!

    ReplyDelete