Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Essex, The Home of "HomePlace"







I woke up feeling much better Saturday morning. I had to go back one more time and see Neille at the "Four Aces". I enjoyed a hot bowl of oatmeal laced with raisins and maple syrup. Just the way I like it. Then I enjoyed the Saturday breakfast special. Which was link sausages served with French Toast for only $3.85. I enjoyed my breakfast and the enjoyed the two river walk back to the Hotel Coolidge. I finished packing and was on my way to my new accommodation. "The HomePlace" bed and breakfast, located in the town of Essex. I relied completely on my GPS to find the way to my new digs. I put my full trust in my very reliable imaginary female companion. No mistakes! My GPS was right on the mark, and found the "The HomePlace" bed and breakfast, located at 90 Old Pump Rd. in the town of Essex.

This accommodation is one of the finest I have stayed at during my travels. One of the other guests that I met at HomePlace put it best. "We come to visit Vermont to leave the real world. When we come to HomePlace we leave Vermont!" All I can say to describe HomePlace is that is the epitome of peace, beauty, and tranquility. If I was the wealthiest man in the world. I would be very happy and comfortable living at HomePlace. No amount of money in the world could find a better place to call home!

After finding HomePlace. I set out on a drive to Waterbury. To find the headquarters for the Green Mountain Club. It is a real pleasure for me. To be a member of the Green Mountain Club. Also I tried to find the main factory of Ben and Jerry's. This famous Vermont Ice Cream Company is an intuition here in the Green Mountain State. Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield hit the entrepreneurial jackpot. When they decided to go into the ice-cream business. They turned a dream into the ultimate rags to riches scenario.

I found the Green Mountain Club. However it was closed. I also found Ben and Jerry's. However it was packed with people. So I decided to put off the factory tour. I retreated back to HomePlace to enjoy my new Vermont home! After a relaxing snooze in the well placed hammock. I was off to Burlington for dinner, and to do some shopping. I found a great place to park right off of Pearl street. I was amazed how close I parked to my favorite Tai restaurant, the "Parima". I enjoyed a nice meal of spring rolls and a plate of ginger beef served on a bed of fine rice noodles. After dinner I hit the "Old Crow" used book store. I was looking for more great books with Vermont travel in mind. I purchased a copy of the guide book for hiking the "Long Trail". I also purchased a very nice book on biking in Vermont. That was a great find! I then hit "Downtown Discs" and yes purchased more vinyl. I just can't say no to great music. It is my second blood, that helps to keep me alive! I found a rare tribute double Lp to Steve Goodman. If I didn't buy this rare Lp. I would probably never, ever see it again. I can't wait to give it a spin! I enjoyed a hot coffee and desert at the "Boarders" bookstore. Then it was back to "Homeplace" to get a good night sleep, and get ready for the final day of my trip.

1 comment:

  1. See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
    Personalized Signature:贵州信息港休闲游戏中心,我爱掼蛋网,重庆游戏中心,金游世界视频棋牌游戏中心,南通棋牌游戏中心,贵港热线休闲游戏中心,淮安棋牌游戏中心

    ReplyDelete