Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Ulitmate Soup!
















My second ride again started and finished in White River Junction. I used scenic route 14 as my bike trip. Route 14 hugs the White River and travels north. During my trip in June. I drove route 14 from White River Junction all the way to Montpelier, the capital of Vermont. I was so impressed with that trip. I decided to ride route 14 by bike. It was an awesome ride. This ride was about 24 miles in length. I rode for 12 miles, almost to the village of Sharon. I did stop in the village of West Hartford for a break. The weather at this point was threatening rain. So stopping to see what Mother Nature's decision would be. Was a good one. In the village. They have a library that dates back to 1922, and they also have a village store. I looked around in the library, and picked up two free copies of Vermont Life magazine. On the advice of the lady that was filling in for the Liberian. I checked out the West Hartford General Store. That features a restaurant and deli. I enjoyed a large bowl of New England Fish Chowder. It was fabulous! I did meet the owners Joe and his wife Pat. Pat made the delicious soup. My favorite celebrity chefs; Suzanne Sommers, Jamie Oliver, and Graham Kerr, or even the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld couldn't have out done this great soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment