Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Arrived! South Hero Island, Vt.


The view from the Ring Dang Doo Bunk House, looking East.


Being on vacation in the Green Mountain State will always be a special feeling for me. The drive from Trenton to arrive on South Hero Island went very well. I contemplated driving a different route. Which would take me through Quebec into New York State and then into Vermont. That route was recommended by Goggle Maps. However my Garmin GPS recommended that I use the route I am accustomed to. I crossed into New York State from Cornwall Ontario. Then traveling on routes 37, 122 and finally 11 east. Takes me to Rouses Point N.Y. on the western shore of Lake Champlain. From this point. I drive to the bridge that crosses Lake Champlain arriving in Alburg, Vermont. I had about 45 minutes remaining to arrive at the Ring Dang Doo Bunk House, located on South Hero Island.

On arrival. I was delighted with my new place to call home. During another chance to enjoy "The Green Mountain State while on vacation. After I got settled in. I completed a 1.2 mile bike ride on the path that will take you to the gap. Where a bike ferry boat. Will take you across the gap. So you can peddle to your heart's delight. Ten miles heading south and you will arrive in the city of Burlington. The over the lake part of this route is about 3 miles.

I have included some photos from my arrival in South Hero Island.





No comments:

Post a Comment