Saturday, July 22, 2017

Island Line Trail- "The Cut"



I spend a relaxing day today. Just went for a nice drive into the country. To pay the village of Johnson a visit. Looking for rare and valuable antiques and collectibles. Nothing was found. However the search will always be a big part of the fun. I enjoyed a nice swim in Lake Champlain on my return to my digs at the "Ring Dang Doo". Then when I was able to find the energy and ambition to ride my bike. I completed the short distance to where "The Cut" is located on the "Island Line Trail". The Cut is a 61 meter gap in the Colchester Causeway. That use to be the home of a swing bridge. The Swing bridge was taken out in the 1960's. Leaving the "Cut"  in the causeway to allow free access from boats going from Mallets Bay to enter Lake Champlain or vice versa.

I enjoyed some relaxing time. Just taken photos of the boats passing through the "Cut". As always I have included some photos from my experience.











No comments:

Post a Comment