Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Beautiful Vermont Islands

Heading west on Vt Route 129 towards Isle La Motte.

Today I completed another wonderful Vermont Islands bike ride. Yesterday it was therenating rain. However I ventured north to visit South Alburg. Located in South Alburg is the Harbour View market. Which became a popular place for me. As It became my main source for food and supplies when I was staying on Isle La Motte. I parked my car at the Harbor View Market and peddled my bike to the town of Alburg. About 6 miles to the north. Then enjoyed some hot coffee at a local gas station. Then I rode back to the Harbour View Market. During the ride it was threatening rain and I did forget to bring a camera. During the ride. I figured out an even better bike ride. Which would take me west on 129 towards Isle Le Motte. Instead of crossing the causeway onto Isle La Motte. I would venture north on West Shore Dr. Which would offer beautiful views of Lake Champlain. Eventually West Shore Dr. would run into highway 2. At this point. You would head east on highway 2. Which would take you back to your original starting point.

Today I completed the Alburg Loop ride. As the weather conditions were near perfect! It turned out to be a wonderful day to enjoy summer in the beautiful Vermont islands. I also enjoyed a wonderful smoked ham and cheddar cheese sandwich with a side of broccoli salad. At the Harbor View Market. It is another reason I love coming to Vermont. It is definitely the quality of the food and beverage that is available here!

After lunch. I did pay the Isle La Motte a visit. It is also a wonderful Vermont island located on Lake Champlain. I parked my car at the local country store located on the island. The proprietor a man named Richard. Allowed me to park my car. I did a loop on the southern part of the island. Today was a great day of my vacation. enjoyed visiting the beautiful islands of Vermont!













 The Harbour View Market from the bridge that connects North Hero Island and Alburg.

My view enjoying lunch of the bridge.

Some photos from my Isle La Motte









No comments:

Post a Comment