Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Drones & Kites

The Mill Pond located in Ameliasburgh, Ontario
My summer vacation has begun! It is a joyous time. This is only the third occasion I have had the opportunity to enjoy a summer vacation. The first summer vacation was back in 1986. When I enjoyed a dream trip. Touring Switzerland for 1 month. Then when I finally was able to secure a position working for Canada Post. I was able to arrange another dream vacation in Europe. This time enjoying France during the summer of 2000. This trip was with long time friend Peter V/D W.

This trip which has begun. Included a weekend visiting the town of Trenton and Prince Edward County. Then I would again have the chance to enjoy the peace and beauty of the Vermont Islands. On this occasion. I have found another great place to call home during my vacation in Vermont. Located on South Hero Island is the "Ring Dang Doo" Bunk House.

The weekend was enjoyed visiting with friends Keith and Terry. Who had recently purchased a modern radio controlled drone. These new technology marvels are very impressive to see fly. Four computer controlled propps. Allow the drone. To fly up to 1 KM in distance and height. And also comes equipped a powerful camera. Which is capable of taking video and still images. This modern marvel also uses GPS to find the human operator. Just in case the drone flies out of range of the controller. Or the controller fails.

Sunday afternoon. I got to fly my kite. Which is the shape of a "Bird of Prey". That experience was also enjoyed.

Yesterday morning after breakfast. I left from Trenton and was off again for another Vermont Adventure! I have includes some photos from this past weekend!



Phantom 4 Drone.


Incredible Summer Moon over "Prince Edward County"

My Kite in full flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment