Friday, July 14, 2017

Landon Rd. Ride!

A Hilly Section on Landon Rd.
I completed a nice local bike ride on South Hero Island today. Which has been a challenge as the some rainy and cooler then normal weather has been the norm. During the last two days. Also on Wednesday I was planing to bike to Burlington from South Hero Island. However I went to get my bike ready for the ride. Then quickly discovered that my front tire was completely flat!

I did my best to remedy the problem and get the tire repaired. However I encountered some problems finding the closest bike shop. Which was located on the mainland near the town of Milton. When I finally arrived at the bike shop. I quickly discovered that the shop was closed on Wednesdays. So I would have to wait a day for the tire to be repaired.

Yesterday was a day filled with rain and overcast skies. So I got the tire repaired after breakfast. Then continued onto Burlington to do some shopping. Going to visit and shop at the "Gear Exchange" located in Burlington. It is always a fun experience for me, to shop at this store. The Gear Exchange offers a huge selection of new and used sports, camping, biking, and hiking gear. I did manage to purchase a few items. Including a more modern bike seat.

To give you the details of the bike ride. I rode from the "Ring Dang Doo Bunk House. Until I reached South Rd. Riding north I soon reached Landon Rd. A right turn on Landon Rd. You are now riding on pristine Vermont Countryside. Landon Rd. will take you to directly into Vermont Route 2. From this point turn right. You are now heading eastbound on Route 2. It will be a short distance until you have crossed the causeway and have arrived on the Vermont Mainland, I have included some photos from the ride that was enjoyed today.












No comments:

Post a Comment