Saturday, July 15, 2017

By Bicycle & By Boat



Very nice day enjoyed on this trip today. After a very nice breakfast enjoyed at the "Ring Dang Doo" Bunkhouse. I went on a very nice bike and boat rides today.

The day included riding my Raleigh Mountain Bike. From the Ring Dang Doo to the ferry docks located on Grand Isle. Then taking the ferry boat across Lake Champlain to visit the New York State city of Plattsburgh. It was my first time visiting Plattsburgh today.

The route from the Ring Dang Doo was to take West Shore Rd. all the way to the Ferry Docks located on Grand Isle. It was a very scenic ride along West Shore Rd. Which included passing by some very nice scenic shoreline along Lake Champlain. Also some vineyards and beautiful Vermont farmland.

The boat ride to get to New York State was relaxing and enjoyed as always. Lake Champlain is a very beautiful Lake. Which does rival the beauty of Lake Geneva and Lake Lucerne both located in Switzerland.

It was about 3 1/2 miles from the Ferry Docks located in Plattsburgh to get to downtown Plattsburg. I had a short visit in Plattsburgh. It is a much smaller city compared to Burlington Vermont. I had some pizza for my lunch. With the threat of rain. I hastened my return to the Ferry Docks. By the time I had arrived at the Docks. The threat of more rain had ended and the Vermont side of Lake Champlain. looked very pleasant. I really enjoyed the boat ride on the Ferry back to Vermont. I took my time riding back on West Shore Rd. A chance to take in all of the beautiful scenery and also a chance to take some more photos.

After my return to the Ring Dang Doo. A nice cold beer was enjoyed and also a refreshing swim in Lake Champlain!

The Ferry Ride going to New York State.



The bike ride back to the Plattsburgh Ferry Docks.

Crossing Lake Champlain to get back to Vermont!





Completing the bike ride along West Shore Rd. back to the "Ding Dang Doo"

No comments:

Post a Comment