Tuesday, April 15, 2008

England- June 1998






I then went back through transition back to the real world. As I started working for the post office in 1994. I was a temporary worker for the first 5 ½ years. I was trying to pay off bills and get established there. So it was difficult to try and find the time and money to travel. But then in 1998 it was time to break free again. I found a cheap airfare to England. Only $400 return airfare to London. I asked for 2 weeks off my job. Received it. And quickly put together a trip to England. The birth place of my Grandfather. My Mom’s Father. I flew to England for the first 2 weeks of June. It was a great trip! I first stayed in a Cambridge hostel. A young lady who was working there. Helped me to find my accommodations, to fit my itinerary. My first meal was in an English pub. Was in Cambridge. The pub is called “To Live, and Let Live”. The best meal by far on this trip was at a pub in York, called the "Mason Arms". I had steak pie, served with homemade steak fries, and steamed fresh veggies. I washed it all down with the local ale, called John Smith. It was a fantastic meal to remember! The highlights of this trip were; the city of York, The Lake District (Lake Windermere), the city of Bath, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Duxford and RAF museum located in Henden. England was a smashing good show!

No comments:

Post a Comment