Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Caribbean Trip 2001- St Vincent & The Grenadines

The Island of St. Vincent , travelling to the island of Bequia.
2001 was my big trip to the Caribbean. Jimmy Buffett in his song "Boat Drinks", sings; "I have to fly to Saint Somewhere". My choice was the nation of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I call it the ultimate Caribbean experience. Perfect for adventurous people. That really loves to travel. The first week was spent on St. Vincent. This island is everything you expect a tropical island to be. Very lush and green. Lots of mountains, and a huge active volcano, tropical rain forest, and some of the prettiest volcanic black sand beaches that can be found on this world. I did some amazing hikes on St. Vincent. Including hiking up the very active volcano, excellent! The second week was spent island hopping south into the Grenadines. I stayed on Bequia, Mayreau, and Union Island. Mayreau is a very small island with and inhabitants of only 300 people. I truly felt totally removed from the entire planet when I was there. What an awesome feeling! A great highlight of this vacation. Was the amazing afternoon I spent on the island of Mustique. The island of the rich and famous. Mick Jagger maintains his winter home there. It is a very beautiful island. I met very nice people from Spain on Bequia. Mercedes, Chriotine, Carina, and Jorge. We chartered a small boat to Mustique. I eventually flew back to St. Vincent, from Union Island. Being in the Caribbean is great. You have to be very careful and respectful of the sun. Also the mosquitoes can wreak havoc on your body! It was a great trip for sure. I would like to thank my dentist Dr. Blackstone for introducing me to his friend Sam W. Sam also became my friend, and was a big help to me, on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment