Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Journey to the Holy Land- winter 1988/89






















1988 was my biggest trip to date. On the Swiss trip. I made a great friend in Peter V/D, a teacher from the Netherlands. We met in the hostel in St. Moritz. We became great friends right away. We remain great friends today. The first week of this trip was spent in the Netherlands. My first visit there. It is a great country. With very nice people, and very nice cities to visit. The Hague, Maastricht, and Amsterdam. Are on my list of nicest cities to visit in the world. In the summer of 1988, I worked with a nice girl from Israel. Who was originally from Toronto. Tamara had immigrated to Israel, and married and Israeli. She and her husband came to Toronto for a visit. Tamara loved horses. So she decided to get a job at the track. She worked for my parents for about 6 weeks. Tamara knew I loved to travel, and invited me to come to Israel. From Amsterdam I flew to Tel Aviv, and stayed in Israel for a month. I lived on the Kibbutz for 2 weeks, and also toured the country for 2 weeks on my own. It was an amazing journey to say the least. I thank Tamara and Offer L. for making this incredible trip possible. The high lites of this trip were; the Golan Heights, being in the Dead Sea, living on the Kibbutz, my hike up Mt. Sinai, and being in the old city of Jerusalem. I have excellent pictures from this trip.

1 comment: