Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The U.S. Southwest- winter 1985-86























This is the cover of the 1985 Las Vegas Phone Book.

In 1985 my adventurous nature was starting to come into its own. I flew to Phoenix, and rented a car. I didn't get a Mustang for that trip. A Renault Alliance was my wheels for the trip. I spent 2 days in the “Valley Of The Sun”. Then drove to Flagstaff, for one night. The Following morning I drove to the Grand Canyon, and had my first look at the “Amphitheater Of The Gods” I loved it. From the Canyon I drove to the Hoover Dam, had the tour there, and then drove onto Las Vegas, and spent two days there. From Vegas I drove to L.A., and met my brother John there. We did 4 days in L.A., and 3 in San Diego. I was hooked on travel after this trip. The high lites of this trip were; going to the races at Turf Paradise, seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time, the drive into the mountains from Phoenix to Flagstaff is outstanding, the tour of the Hoover Dam, going to the races at Santa Anita, and being in the city of San Diego.

It was the 50th Anniversary of the Hoover Dam during the year of my visit  in 1985. Here are great photos of one of the Hoover Dam from the cover of Las Vegas Phone Book.




In this photo you can easily see the Hoover Dam in Black Canyon, which created Lake Mead.

While John and I were holidaying in Southern California. During our visit to Los Angles. We went to visit Universal Studios. We were in the live studio audience to enjoy this great episode of "Who's The Boss" staring Tony Danza and Judith Light. The guess star was Betty White. The episode title "Eye On Angela"

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vmz77

You can enjoy this great episode of "Who's The Boss"

No comments:

Post a Comment