Thursday, April 3, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game! May 2001

2001 was another pilgrimage trip for me, and the second time I had a double trip year. I have been a Chicago Cubs fan for a long time. When Harry Carey was alive. It would make perfect sense to me. To get comfortable in front of the T.V. and enjoy the Cubs playing at Wrigley Field, on a Saturday or Sunday summer afternoon. They don’t call that place the “Friendly Confines” for nothing. I went for a weekend series in early May. They played the Los Angeles Dodgers. Food is also a real pleasure when you go to a Cubs game. In Wrigley Field or at one of the bars located at Addison and Clark. There are a lot of great eating choices. In the ballpark I tried everything. I can highly recommend; Italian beef Scalia sandwiches and the homemade sausage pizza are excellent. Bar Louie’s is a must to try. Have one of there steak Luigi sandwiches. You will enjoy it! The Cubs won my first game ever at Wrigley Field 23 to 3. What a thrill that was. The Sunday game was close. The Cubs won 3 to 2 in the bottom of the 9th. Maybe the Cubs should give me free season tickets. That way they would win the World Series finally. One thing for sure. When you enter Wrigley Field it is like going through a time machine. And you truly don’t care if you ever get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment