Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Living Like God In France- Summer 2000

I finally achieved permanent status in the Canadian post office in 2000. It was time to celebrate and go another amazing trip. This was my second summer trip. It would also be the first trip to travel with great friend Peter V/D . He is also a traveling virtuoso. He has traveled extensively in Europe, North America and the Orient. I have learned a lot from him. This trip would be a classic. A 3 week tour through France. I flew to Amsterdam, and took the train to Peter’s place, in a small town called Best. We then set off in Peter’s car. We drove through Belgium to the north coast of France. The itinerary was; the coast of Normandy, and Brittany, and then through the Loire Valley, back through Belgium on the way to The Netherlands. Bed and Breakfast acomidations. The places we stayed were one of the highlights of this trip. The scerney, history, weather, food & drink, and quailty of life. Makes France one of the best holiday desitantions on this planet. This expression describes this holiday, “Living like God in France”! Everyone should experience that feeling sometime in there life!

3 comments:

  1. Love the horse racing shots Donny.

    Who is the prevert taking shots of French girls on the beach?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Al: I had to get a picture of all the nice scenery. That is the nicest beach I have ever been on in my life. It is called Pointe de Penir. It is located in western Brittney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Al:

    The horse racing shots are from a beautiful track in Normandy. It is called Deauville. That is the first race I ever witnessed in Europe. The horse's is name is Test Ze Legend. He was my first winner in Europe. He paid off at 16 to 1.

    ReplyDelete