Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Europe- winter 1991- The Lowlands

I didn’t travel again until 1991. It was my Iceland experience. I had a great geography teacher in high school, named Mr. Bromley. He sparked my interest to visit Iceland, when he spoke about a trip he had gone on. Well I just had to check it out for myself. I arranged to fly to visit Peter for a 2 week trip during winter. Iceland Air had a cheap flight from N.Y.C. to Iceland, to Luxembourg. However I had to fly from Toronto to N.Y.C. first. I had to take a train from Luxembourg to where Peter lived in the Netherlands. During this trip. I went to visit 4 cities in Belgium, and also went to Paris. The 4 cities in Belgium were; Brugge, Brussels, Ghent, and Antwerp. Brugge is one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe. It is a must see. On the return trip, to Canada. I enjoyed a 3 day stay over in Iceland. Iceland or Niceland, as I call it. Is for free spirits, and people who truly love nature. The island is also called “Mother Nature’s Homeland”, and “The Land Of Fire, and Ice”. It is an excellent place to enjoy Scandinavian life. Which is very high quality. The environment is unlike anything that exists on our planet. The only downside is the cost. Iceland is also the most expensive country in the world to visit. Don't leave without your credit cards. Maybe robbing a bank may also be necessary. (Just Kidding!) Paradise doesn’t come cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment