Monday, June 13, 2011

Biking In Vermont








One of the best ways to enjoy Vermont. Is to get out and be part of it. Anyway you can! Walking, driving, biking, riding a horse. It doesn't matter. Just get out there, and Vermont will do the rest!!!

Today after breakfast. I drove northwest of White River Junction. To the village of Strafford. I parked my car, and starting riding towards the town of Tunbridge. The ride quickly turned strenuous. As I had to climb out of Strafford. It was quite a bit of elevation before I reached the top. Also I encountered a derailed chain on my Norco bike. Lucky for me I carried my emergency screwdriver in my backpack. Which got me back on the road. It was all downhill from that point in the ride. The downhill part of the ride. Was exhilarating and was worth all of my energy! That was needed to propel me up the mountain.

When I reached the village of Tunbridge. I quickly learned that the country store was under new ownership. That the good restaurant that existed during my last visit to Tunbridge was gone. I talked to the new owner. On which route I should ride to get back to Strafford. It was decided that the route I rode to get to Tunbridge, was also the best option to ride back. Good luck was on my side, as a local lady. Came into the store, and I also asked her opinion for my bike ride back to Strafford. She offered to drive me back up the hill. So I could just enjoy the downhill part of the ride. Back into Strafford. I accepted the offer.

After I reached my car. I drove back to White River Junction. Enjoyed eating homemade Shepard's Pie at the "Polka Dot", for lunch and hope to do a second ride in the afternoon.

My second bike ride of the day. Just amounted to a short ride from the Hotel Coolidge, to the Colonial Mall in New Hampshire. I purchased a 4 cassette tapes of classic Jimmy Buffett albums, and a great soft covered book. Featuring vintage Lighthouses of New Hampshire and Maine.

I enjoyed a great dinner at the Wok Express Restaurant. I enjoyed a nice plate of Beef with broccoli and white rice. Tomorrow I leave for Hancock.

No comments:

Post a Comment