Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cruising The Green!







Today with more rain the forecast. I have enjoyed a nice relaxing day for me. I did some sightseeing, and some antiquing.
After a light breakfast I ventured down to Quechee. To take a look at the flea market that goes on there, every Sunday. Because of the threat of rain only 2 vendors showed up. So there wasn't much to see there.
I did enjoy a short hike on the Quechee Gorge to see the dam. That produces Mill Pond.

Then I drove southwest to the picturesque village of "Chester". Then have a great antique market. Which was perfect activity for this overcast day. My big purchase was an antique Maple Syrup Pitcher. Not sure of the vintage of it. My guess is 1940's or 1950's. I spent $30 for a great Vermont Souvenir. It will mean a whole lot more then $30 to me.

Then on to the thrift stores. There are actually two good stores located in the White River junction area. My best finds were again not to expected. I purchased some of my favorite Jimmy Buffett Lp. They all look like first editions of the albums. Which means they have gate-fold covers. Included in this group was my all time favorite Jimmy Buffet album. "You Had To Be There" was Jimmy Buffett first live Lp produced in 1978. The sincerity and energy in his performance make his lyruial music. Even that much more enjoyable to listen to! And Yes Jimmy Buffett. You organized the best band. That every played along with you! The original Lp poster was included with my purchase. I have never owned it, until now!

I will include some great pictures. Just showing everyone how special even driving in Vermont is. I find the beauty here intoxicating! However it is a good kind of impairment. That naturally makes you relax, and feel good all over. The constant green scenery naturally makes you forget all of your troubles, and takes you to a real sense of happiness and well being. I do love it here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment