Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rochester to Hancock









Today started with more rain and cooler then normal temperatures. It is more like Fall conditions then summer. But it is great to be in Vermont.

After breakfast I finished loading my gear in the car, and left the hotel Coolidge at about 9am. I was now on my way to begin part 2 of my Vermont trip. I was on my way to the hamlet of Hancock. Located on route 100, right in the heart of the "Green Mountains.

My GPS took me on a beautiful scenic drive. The route was route 4 to highway 89 north. Then route 107 west to the Rochester Gap into the town of Rochester. Then I turned right on route 100 and finished the 4 mile trip to Hancock, and the "Gathering Inn". This great place to stay is run by Kathleen and Rick, and is a very fine place to stay during any Vermont vacation.

After getting settled in. I rode my bike the 4 miles back to Rochester, and enjoyed a fine lunch at the town bookstore & bakery. The lunch special I enjoyed was homemade linguine with sausage. It was delicious!

I rode back to The Gathering Place and then I drove up route 125 into the mountains. I did complete a short hike heading north on the Long Trail. I plan to do some more hiking on the Green Mountains tomorrow.

I am currently at the Rochester library, writing this post on my blog. I'm soon going to be shopping at "Mac's" grocery store. To buy my diner. That I'm going to cook up tonight.

The pictures on this post are; from the "Long Trail" north of route 125 (on the way to visit "Silent Cliff"), the school in Hancock (established 1801), my homemade dinner that night (pan fired barbecued steak with mushrooms and green pepper), the beverage is a "Long Trail" beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment