Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The State of Vermont


Yes, I'm just days away from again visiting one of my favorite places. Located on this planet. The place know as the U.S. State of Vermont.
My love affair began in early October 2007. When I paid my first visit to the Green Mountain State. I enjoyed the whole experience. And vowed to keep going back for a visit. Once per year, for the rest of my life.
Not a bad idea. For travel is "the kind of medicine a doctor cannot prescribe". Visiting that special place or environment will add years to your pleasure of living.

My travel plan for my summer trip. Was to go back to visit. The city of Portland, Oregon. I wanted to enjoy biking around Portland. To enjoy getting a more up close look at this attractive city. Also to do some hiking in the "Columbia River Gorge". To visit the Columbia River Gorge. Is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. It should be on everyone's travel list, as a must see!

The plan for this trip got derailed. As I am employed by Canada Post. The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW)is currently having labor problems with my employer. So I decided to put my Portland, Oregon trip on hold. And to return to the Green Mountains. For my second summer vacation there.

Here is my planed itinerary. As all my Vermont trip have begun. I am staying at the Hotel Coolidge. Located in White River Junction for 3 nights. Then on to the hamlet of Hancock for 2 nights. Located right in the heart of the Green Mountains. Then the final 3 nights will be spent, on the "Ile La Motte". The northern most of Vermont's islands located on Lake Champlain. I can hardly wait! To again enjoy being in a "Green State of Mind"!!!!

The posted picture is my acquired circa 1880 map of "The State of Vermont". From the 9th edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica.

No comments:

Post a Comment