Sunday, June 19, 2011

Skinny Tires & Wires!




















Had the most amazing day. Enjoying the islands of Vermont. The weather is perfect, which translate into sunny skies, light wind, and temperatures about 80 degree's (26 C.).

After enjoying another nice breakfast at "The Old Schoolhouse". I set out on my Norco road bike. I cycled all the way to the General Store, located on North Hero Island. Then I turned around and peddled all the way back. The total distance covered was about 22 miles (36 KM). I enjoyed a very good chicken salad sandwich. At the Irving Gas station located where highway 2 meets highway 129. There is a nice general store located there.

I then returned to the Old Schoolhouse, and soon after set out for a second bike ride. The Isle La Motte is famous for having some of the oldest evidence located on our planet. The remains of a ancient reef. Which is millions of years old. I went to observe this ancient history at two locations on the island. I then rode West Coast drive back to to School Street. Then back to my digs at the Old Schoolhouse.

It was then time to just kick back and relax and rejuvenate. After I regained some energy. I spoke to Carol about my dinner plans. Carol recommended. A quality restaurant located on "Isle La Motte" named Ruthcliffe Lodge. Now, who am I to ignore good advise? When I hear it. So I went to Ruthcliffe Lodge and enjoyed the experience! I dined on crab cakes, served with garlic mashed potatoes and zucchini. The appetizers were a cup of tomato vegetable soup and tossed green salad. What a great way to celebrate what has been an excellent holiday!

The title of this post represents an excellent and not very well know song by Jimmy Buffett. The song was written by Jimmy B. in 1973. About the gas shortage crisis. That happened in the U.S.A, that year. Jimmy Buffett loves to ride bikes and so do I! They will get you to the special places. That you really want to go!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment