Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day To Remember!























Thankfully I have enjoyed some very special days in my life. These are days that you dream about coming true.

That you are visiting a distant land. That land is a place of peace and beauty, beyond belief. That you are enjoying yourself to the maximum. That you enjoy some great food, and meet some friendly people that also contribute to you enjoying that special day.

I enjoyed a day like I have described, today. Here is how it went. I made the decision last night. To spend an extra day at the "Gathering Inn" located in Hancock. After breakfast. I had my game plan ready. I would head south on Route 100, and would go for a long bike ride. I would turn around at a certain point. Ride north back on Route 100, and enjoyed lunch at Sandy's bookstore. In the afternoon. I would try to do a hike as well. Either go back to "The Falls of Lana" to try and swim there. On go back to the Long Trail, and do the hike to "Silent Cliff".

I did execute the game plan well. I completed a 32 mile bike ride. I rode 16 miles to the village of Pitsfield. I enjoyed a refreshment at the Pitsfield General store, and rode back to Rochester. I enjoyed an amazing lunch at the Sandy's Bookstore. Which consisted of; mushroom quiche, creamy chicken rice soup. For desert I enjoyed one of there large oatmeal cookies, and enjoyed an ice coffee laced with maple syrup as my beverage.

The staff that work at Sandy's Bookstore and restaurant. Are also polite, and do a great job. I did experience a minor mechanical problem with my Norco Bike, during my ride. After lunch. I stopped in at the "Green Mountain Bike Shop". They performed an adjustment on my bike for a nominal fee. That I hope will allow me to peddle my bike without any more mechanical problems.

Then I completed the 4 miles back to Hancock. I then drove back to Rochester, and purchased my Maple Syrup, to take home. I also purchased the food for tonight's dinner. Which will be pan fried barbecue chicken with mixed green salad.

When I returned to "The Gathering Inn", I drove back up the mountain to complete the hike to Silent Cliff". The hike was only about a mile return trip. I enjoyed today immensely. Why couldn't everyday be like today? I am very grateful for today!

Pictures; The top group of pictures represent my 32 mile bike ride to Pitsfield from Hancock, and back. Plus my excellent lunch at Sandy's Bake Shop & Book Store.

The second group of pictures were taken on my hike to visit "Silent Cliff". It is reached by a side trail, from the "Long Trail" going north from the route 125 gap. The picture of my homemade barbecue chicken dinner is included in this section of photos.
Also I have included some more great photos of "Texas Falls". Which is just west of Hancock off of route 125.

1 comment:

  1. My homemade barbecue chicken dinner, also turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete