Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Isle La Motte

















Had another great day enjoying my trip. After breakfast I set out on my bike to explore the island. First I rode down the end of School Street. Then I enjoyed a leisurely ride along the West Coast Road.

When I returned to the Old School. I hoped into my car and drove to have lunch on North Hero Island. Like a lot of Vermont's Country Stores. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. I purchased a package of exotic tea. Also a bottle of Apple Wine. That will be enjoyed at home with a good dinner.

I then had a look around the town of Swanson. I stopped at there historical society. To visit an there old train station that had been restored. It was interesting. I have always been interested by past events, and past societies.

My next move was returning to The Isle La Motte, enjoyed a breather. Then I was on my bike yet again to explore the northern part of the island. I rode past the "St. Ann's Shrine". Which is located at the northern tip of the island, and is a very important place in the history of this scenic and peaceful place.

After completing my second enjoyable bike ride of the day. I enjoyed a special treat. There is a locally owned pizza restaurant located on the island. They feature a cool and refreshing desert know as a "Cremie". This desert is thick soft serve ice cream that has been flavored with real maple syrup. It went down very well, on a warm beautiful summer day.

I again relaxed at my island home, I went out for my nightly entertainment, tonight. Carol the friendly owner of the "Old School Hostel". Advised me of a local auction that was taking place in the town of Aurlberg, tonight. So I enjoyed a veggie pizza. From the local pizza shop for my dinner. Then I set out to try and purchase some treasure at this local auction.

The auction began at 7pm. However the auction ended early, just after 8 pm. As the cantankerous auctioneer. Refused to continue selling the merchandise. As he accused the crowd that showed up, of just being spectators. That were not interested to bid on the junk he was selling.

That is all I needed was buy more junk. It was an experience. The old saying' Nothing ventured, nothing ventured!!! It was still an excellent day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment